In the trees overlooking the vines of the Black Chalk vineyard, this gorgeous treehouse invites you to lie back in the outdoor bath, grab a bottle of incredibly local wine from the fridge and relax. The winery a short distance away if you fancy a more formal tasting, but you’re free to wander the beautiful woods and settle where you will for a glass of something chilled and a picnic.
The Fallow Treehouse puts you instantly at ease in the treetops, with a warm, cosy living space and a bedroom with brushed white cladding. Nature is woven into the space everywhere, from the perfectly positioned sycamore branch to rest your glass on, to the local materials of the build and the artisan produce in the welcome hamper.
That harmony with the environment is one of the most important features of Wild Escapes. The 1000 acres of land around you are part of numerous stewardship schemes which encourage biodiversity through rewilding and careful management, and the treehouses have been built without digging, to preserve the homes of the badgers who live below. You’ll see deer and an incredible variety of birdlife without leaving the deck, but you also have the beauty of the Test Valley right on your doorstep. There are great hikes along the riverbanks and climbs to stunning viewpoints, as well as gentler walks to local pubs like the Peat Spade Inn, where you can get a quiet local pint and some fantastic truffle chips.
The finer details:
- A complimentary breakfast hamper and complimentary bottle of the Vineyard’s English sparkling wine ‘Black Chalk Classic 2015’ will be provided on arrival
- Please bring wellies and torches
- Please be aware of the badgers, you will almost certainly see or hear them but they are peaceful creatures and will leave you alone
- Initial amount of firewood provided. Extra can be bought at £5 per stack
- One king-size bed
- Space for 1 baby under 3 years. Please bring your own cot, high chair and bedding
- Space for 1 pet from £25 per pet per stay